Re: [LAD] LinuxSampler questions

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 13:00:08 EEST

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:53:57AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:

> for now convolution is not so important, because my libraries also came with
> the IRs in .wav-files, so there's jconv, which suits me VERY WELL!

All the serious work in jconv is done by the Convolver class from
libzita-convolver, so it should not be so difficult to have the
convolution inside Linuxsampler.

Regarding command line interaction with LS, you can also
script this, using the nc (aka netcat) command. This is
how I load the piano I use most:

---
#!/bin/bash
#
nc localhost 8888 <<"ENDOFINPUT"
ADD CHANNEL
SET CHANNEL AUDIO_OUTPUT_TYPE 0 JACK
SET CHANNEL MIDI_INPUT_TYPE 0 Alsa
SET CHANNEL MIDI_INPUT_PORT 0 0
SET CHANNEL MIDI_INPUT_CHANNEL 0 0
LOAD ENGINE GigEngine 0
LOAD INSTRUMENT NON_MODAL '/data3/gigwav/Malmsjo.gig' 0 0
SET CHANNEL VOLUME 0 0.85
ENDOFINPUT
---
>    Thankis for LS in general I love it ... and I'll take a look at jsampler.
Same here !
Ciao,
--
FA