Re: [LAD] Regarding the linux-audio lists announcing policy

From: Dave Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 18:45:19 EEST

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 16:52 +0200, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> I wonder if we could change the post-to-all-three-lists
> policy? I don't like to spam three mailing lists
> for everytime I announce a program, and it doesn't
> seem like everyone knows that we are supposed
> to post to all lists either.

Agreed. Not much point of an announce list if everyone spams all the
lists anyway. Getting 3 emails instead of 1 is a bit annoying,
especially since the point of the announce list existing is that the
other lists are relatively high traffic.

As for people not being subscribed, well... if you want announcements,
subscribe to the announce list. Duh. :)

There's an easily accessible archive on the web anyway

-DR