Re: [LAD] Writing a library?

From: <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 17:19:11 EEST

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:25:47PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> Paul: As I understood the sfz format is text-based. I didn't take a look.
> But depending on what it looks like, a parser generator might be good advice.
> If the SFZ is an xml variant libxml might be better suited.
> Kindest regards
> Julien

It's not XML, it's a sort of flat-text-ish thing with various keywords
for setting keys, keygroups, mutegroups and so on.

Having briefly skimmed the spec over lunch, I'm not in much of a
position to say how good it is, but it "looks right".

Essentially an SFZ file is a text file describing what to do with a
bunch of .wav or .ogg files. It's almost worryingly clueful.

Gordon