Re: [LAD] OT: alternative fuel for cars [was: Re: Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?]

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 12:37:37 EEST

Quoting Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>:

> While we are discussing alternative fuels for cars, some of you may be
> interested in my new blog and the latest advancements in open source
> research on using water as a fuel ...
>
> http://yeswaterisfuel.com

You can use energy (electricity) to divide water molecules into oxygen and
hydrogen and thus using water as a no-loss battery.

But a fuel? No, water is not a fuel. Hydrogen, now there's a fuel.

This technology is very interesting and has potentially huge uses as a
no-loss battery making solar power very usable for homes. But this website
uses "water as a fuel" to do what looks like nothing but childish experiments.

 Sampo