Re: [LAD] OT: alternative fuel for cars [was: Re: Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?]

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 17:38:14 EEST

Am Dienstag, 5. August 2008 schrieb Patrick Shirkey:
> Klaus Kosten wrote:
> > Patrick Shirkey schrieb:
> >> If you can burn water directly
> > then you have some really severe problems with thermodynamics.
> Oh. Please explain your angle here or are you just trolling?
> This should be a good test of the validity of the videos on my blog that
> show people exploding water to run their engines.
> Exploding/burning water has been done and it is definitely absolutely
> possible. If after watching the videos you still think it is impossible
> that so many people from different parts of the world are able to
> replicate the circuit and literally explode water then I would love to
> hear your opinion as it will give me another topic for my blog.

Burning something means breaking up its molecular connection (there is no
water atom!, just a water molecule) and connect at least one participant with
oxygen. Burning water would mean breaking up the H2O to form H2O. Even if
that works spontaneous (only with a catalyst) it takes as much energy as it
gives. So it is rather pointless for driving something. Unless you push
energy into the reaction somehow. And everyone in this thread is asking you
what is providing that energy, how you transport it and (in the case of
electricity) why you don't use that energy directly instead of going the H2O
route...

Arnold

PS: I got my physics diploma today (similar to the master of science)...

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---