Re: [LAD] OT: alternative fuel for cars [was: Re: Car engine sound emulation for future electic cars. ideas ?]

From: Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@email-addr-hidden-dogan.net>
Date: Sun Aug 10 2008 - 17:14:04 EEST

Am 2008-08-05 13:09:06, schrieb Sampo Savolainen:
> Don't get me wrong. I want nothing more than get rid of our dependency on
> gasoline and other fossil fuels and have non polluting options.

ACK!

> I'd like more details than videos of bubbling canisters and "exposions".
> Open Source means, open source, I just see videos and no explanation to what
> they are doing and _how_. Without explanations the videos look like playing
> around with dangerous things (electricity, hydrogen) for no good reason.

FullACK!

While I was searching the Internet for infos I have gotten the same shit.
Peoples talking about something but refuse to explain HOW they have done
it.

> The MIT stuff is way cool though. That looks like it could (and should)
> change the way we power our lives. But that's using solar energy as the
> energy store, using water as a battery and hydrogen as a fuel.

Here at the "University of Freiburg" (Germany) they use the sun to split
water directly into Hydrogene and Oxygene and the development is very
advanced.

Using the Sun to split it, is the ONLY economic solution since spliting
it using another method consuming alwasy much more energy as you can get
at the end.

My mobile spliter is arround 48 m² and produce arround 400 dm³ gased
Hydrogene per hour. Not very much, but if I find a new terrain in
Germany I like to increase its size to 200 m² since arround 2200 dm³ per
day is not enough to let a Light-Running Generator working the whole
night as "Grundlast Generator".

> I'll try to stop now.
>
> Sampo "OT" Savolainen

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)