Re: [LAD] Patching linux 2.6.26.3

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 11:41:51 EEST

[Tim Goetze]

>[victor]
>>I was told to revert to 2.6.24.17 (not possible in my specific
>>case, but there you go), in this list. Or to join the tuner's list.
>
>http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.26.3-rt2.bz2
>
>worked for me. Applied cleanly and compiled well after turning off
>some RCU-related preemption options that caused compilation errors,
>but I was in no mood to find out the exact how and why. So far, it
>has collected a few hours of solid uptime too, but I haven't done any
>latency measuring.

Update: on my laptop, the patched 2.6.26.3 kernel boots into an
endless list of tracebacks on the console. On the main box, USB MIDI
input is only read as soon as a key is pressed on the USB keyboard
(the one with the letters, not the MIDI one ...). USB MIDI out is
broken, too. So it's back to the old version.

Cheers, Tim