Re: [LAD] Wireless Electricity vs audio quality

From: Gordon J. C. Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 14:26:44 EEST

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the latest Intel announcment that they are indeed working
> seriously on wireless electricity uses resonance to transmit hte energy
> sources I am wondering if anyone has ideas on whether that would affect
> audio quality as resonance is an important part of the ambience of live
> sound.

Put it this way. If you don't think mobile phones are a good idea,
because they use a couple of milliwatts of RF, what do you think of the
idea of belting out enough RF to light a lightbulb?

I'm *not* one of the people who objects to mobile phones, but I wouldn't
have one of these things anywhere near.

Gordon