Re: [LAD] Mind control hardware/software for Audio

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 13:30:13 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. August 2008 schrieb Patrick Shirkey:
>
>> Jens M Andreasen wrote:

>>> I believe that, hiring a drummer with a tendency to dramatic changes of
>>> mood several times per second would pose a set of problems all of its
>>> own ,,, Really! You don't want to go there :)
>>> [And that's under the assumption that this device even remotely measures
>>> anything that could be - by the best of will - interpreted as emotion,
>>> which nobody so far has bothered showing]
>>>
>> Another issue would be notation. Would we have to use smilies and
>> various other heiroglyphics?
>>

> You guys should also think about using it live: What do you think the drummer
> will "play" when seeing a nice lady in the audience?

I think James Brown and Barry White already took care of that problem
for us. If the user was "charged" then they would probably play very
loudly and quickly.

I'm also wondering about the software. I'm sure they are already working
on it but it would be useful to have self learning software which could
quickly adapt to signals from the brain and learn to do what you wanted
it to do over time. You would need a very strong signal for cancel so if
it chose a sample or action that you weren't intending then you could
cancel it and it would provide some options for what you really wanted
to do. Then it would store that reference for future use so that you
could effectively compose your samples in advance.

I guess the biggest problem for live use will be people distracting you
by asking you to play their requests etc... That could really screw up a
set.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.