[LAD] patchage

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 00:58:22 EEST

Since returning from holidays (i.e. 10 days) I've been running
patchage as my visual interface to Jack. Never managed to install
it from source (there was always something missing or at least one
compile error), but recently discovered the CCRMA package (thanks
Fernando !).

For the sort of things I'm doing, usually involving a lot of
interconnected Jack clients, it provides a much clearer picture
than qjackctl, and I like that a lot.

Some suggestions / feature requests:

- Include the window scroll offsets in .patchagerc
- Make sure new apps are allways displayed in the
  visible part of the window.
- Some way to select and connect groups of adjacent
  ports (I'm using 64ch soundcards, and most connections
  are multichannel).
- Optionally collapse such sets of ports into a single
  visual object.

Long term:

- Multiple tabs, each one controlling a Jackd on a
  remote headless machine. This will require splitting
  the app into a server and client with a network
  connection in between.

Ciao,

--
FA