Re: [LAD] jack clicks with no xruns

From: Dave Griffiths <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 11:12:01 EEST

Hi Jens,

>> I'm setting up an art installation which has to run for hours on end
>> without intervention, and this seems to be happening after some time
>> (running jack in realtime mode).
>
> Since you are running unattended for hours, I assume that your
> appliction does not really need a grapic userinterface hanging around.
>
> Over in the CUDA land I am currently investigating, it sometimes helps
> (a lot) to start daemon-like applications from the console rather than
> an Xterm.
>
> Give it a try?

The graphics are important to me too - it's a multiplayer version of this:
http://www.pawfal.org/al-jazari/
Here's a screenshot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-griffiths/2856654861/

The audio isn't super intensive, a handful of synth units and some sample
playback, but (now it's fixed) it works nicely alongside fluxus.

cheers,

dave