Re: [LAD] Vamp compilation issues (Kubuntu 64-bit with RT kernel)

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 11:52:40 EEST

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Darren Landrum
<darren.landrum@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>> the VAMP makefiles are not 64-bit ready. they do not use -fPIC which is
>> *required* on x86_64 when building shared libraries (it exists but is
>> optional on x86)
>
> Wonderful.

And not true. The build log you just quoted even showed the -fPIC option in it!

I actually answered your question on the Vamp forum, but to recap:
it's an error in the Makefile, which was shipped with a line that was
unwise and should not have been included.

If you look in the vamp-plugin-sdk Makefile, you'll see two
consecutive lines both starting "PLUGIN_LIBS = ...", the first of
which is commented out and the second uncommented. Just comment out
the second one and uncomment the first instead.

Chris