Re: [LAD] Guide to Linux Sound APIs

From: David Cournapeau <cournape@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 10:04:26 EEST

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Steve Lindsay
<stephen.a.lindsay@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Ubuntu + Fedora would make up a decent percentage of new linux installations.

Yes, but Ubuntu + Fedora >> Ubuntu 8.04 + Fedora 9.

Also, I guess it depends on how you upgrade, because my workstation is
8.04, which is upgraded every year or so for 2 years and a half now,
and I don't have pulseaudio. One of the package I want to add sound
support for is for science mostly, and many people are still using
Ubuntu Dapper, Fedora 3, etc...

So it does not look like pulseaudio is that great if you want to
support various linux and have very little needs for audio.

cheers,

David