[LAD] wiki.linuxaudio.org and outdated/dead projects

From: Holger Ballweg <holger.ballweg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 05 2008 - 17:29:41 EEST

Hi list.

My name is Holger Ballweg, I am a student of Musikinformatik (musical
computer science?!) and musicology at the university of music in karlsruhe.

I'm using Linux for quite some time now, often using audio applications.
To discover new applications, there luckily is linuxaudio.org's appdb.
Unfortunately many of the apps aren't actively developed, some are
nowhere to be found because the homepage has vanished.

I just started editing the wiki and wanted to know, if we could add a
tag, which in some way makes it possible to see which projects are still
active or which not.

A possible solution could be to include some mechanism to show which
packages were updated in the last couple years by including a timestamp
for the last release (like proposed in the wiki) in the app entry and to
add an to the listings, which shows projects updated in the last 12 months.

I'd like to mess with the wiki some more, but first I'd like to have a
possibility to mark those old projects...

Cheers,

Holger