[LAD] LASH - some questions & comments

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 16 2008 - 01:10:05 EEST

Some questions and comments regarding the LASH release candidate.

1. lahs_init()

Would it be possible to document the contents of
the first argument 'lash_args_t *args' ?
I'd be happy to give lash all the info it needs
but feel quite strongly that I should be able
to provide this myself and not being forced to
have liblash inspect/mangle my argv. See also 2.

2. lash_extract_args()

The type of main()'s argv is char *argv[], so
why is the second argument a triple pointer ?
Re-arranging the elements of argv does not
require access to the variable argv itself,
only to its elements, and for this a double
pointer is all you need.

3. The Restore_Data_Set event.

How does a client know when all configs saved
by a previous session have been received ?
The client may be updated meanwhile and
expect more configs than were saved. It
should have defaults for these of course,
but how long should it wait for data that
may never arrive ?

Ciao,

--
FA