[LAD] soundcards and clocks

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue Oct 21 2008 - 15:22:03 EEST

Hello everyone!
   I have a couple of questions regarding this.
1. Does every soundcard have a clock?
2. Do other architectures than ALSA offer access to this clock?
3. Can the soundcard clock probably be accessed via simple device file access?
   I have looked into OSS, but didn't find anything there, directly reffering
to clocks.
   If OSS or other unix sound drivers don't offer access to this resource, how
would they take care of accuracy?
   Kindest regards and thanks in advance for any good advise
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
the Linux TextBased Studio guide