Re: [LAD] DAB Audio frame decoder

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 29 2008 - 15:16:51 EET

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 05:18:34 am smprocess wrote:
> The audio stream that I would like to decode is composed of MPEG frame +
> PAD (ancillary data). Of course, I could separate both parts and decode
> them in two process.
> Because I didn't find API to do this, I think that I will do it my self.

I'd start by looking in the LibMad sources. Extracting the raw ancillary data
from L2 frames is pretty straightforward (unlike L3, where the bitstream must
be partially uncompressed first). Another doc that may be of some help is:

http://www.audioscience.com/internet/download/notes/note0001_MPEG_energy.pdf

Not PAD specific, but it does illustrate one technique for accessing the
ancillary channel.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| Fresco's Discovery: |
| If you knew what you were doing you'd probably be bored. |