Re: [LAD] ALSA Headaches, …. erm, Headphones

From: Richard Spindler <richard.spindler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 17:45:25 EET

2008/11/5 Dennis Schulmeister <linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 09:22 +0100, Richard Spindler wrote:
>> What I would expect is that as soon as I drive the plug into the
>> headphone jack, that the built in speakers remain silent, while the
>> audio is routed into my headphones. However, this does not happen.
>
> Are you sure this is no bug in the ALSA driver? Because, yes it's ought
> to act the way you describe. At least it does so on my laptop. :) Plus,
> did you check the headphone connector? Just the other day I experienced
> the same problem and it simply turned out to be a wacky connection
> because I didn't put the plug in far enough.

A Friend of mine experienced the exact same problem on a different
Laptop, and there are several reports about similar problems on the
alsa-user Mailinglist. Therefore I doubt that it is a hardware
problem. Also, according to a my friend, this functionality works on
Windows, which further proves the suspicion that it is a software
Problem.

Cheers
-Richard

--