Re: [LAD] Looking for good JAVA project to contribute to

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 09 2008 - 14:52:45 EET

Jens Gulden wrote:
> The JJack project (jjack.berlios.de) still wants to mature.
>
> If you like to contribute to this infrastructural part of the Linux
> audio world, which enables other Java programs to use Linux audio,
> please drop me a line.
>
> Jens
>
> Craig Lawton schrieb:
>
>> I'm a home studio enthusiast and also a former JAVA programmer.
>>
>> I'm looking at combining these interests and contributing to a
>> project, but most apps seem to be written in C++.
>>
>> Any suggestions? Anyone involved in any good JAVA projects?

++vote. If Java sound needs one thing it needs JACK support.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like that will happen at the JavaSound API
level, hence the need for JJack or something similar. This single
improvement would vastly improve the capabilities of many
otherwise-excellent Java soundapps.

Best,

dp