Re: [LAD] [FFADO-devel] [ANN] FFADO 2.0 Release Candidate 1 (1.999.40) available

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 22:01:41 EET

On Thursday 11 December 2008 19:46:56 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 09:29 +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 December 2008 03:45:58 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > > Usually programs include something like DESTDIR= to set that directory
> > > so that the install can be "redirected" without compromising all the
> > > internal paths and references which should still point to PREFIX.
> > Why don't you try "scons install DESTDIR=<bla>"?
> Because I'm not that smart? :-)(
> I did scons --help and the option was not listed so I assumed it was not
> there (the previous spec file was not using it)...

scons distinguishes between options and additional arguments. Options are
cached while the other arguments aren't, which makes options perfect to store
settings generally set like prefix/enabled devices/optimization-state/debug
while destdir is best used as not-cached argument as it is only used during
automated package creation. The downside is that the options get the automated
documentation while arguments don't.
And given the fact that there are other things concerning destdir-builds that
complain during destdir-build and only looking at the SConstruct-file itself
tells you what you need to do yourself and what to do to not get the
complaints...

Have fun,

Arnold