[LAD] [ANN] LADITools 1.0-rc1 released

From: MarcO'Chapeau <marco@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 17:02:36 EET

Hi all,

After quite some time spent doing nothing, a lot of polishing from Nedko, a
lot of suggestions from Kfoltman, and absolutely no effort from me to make
things go faster... I am very proud to announce the first release candidate
of LADITools 1.0 code name "flabbergasting-mademoiselle-sitting-on-my-hat"
(yeah... I bought a new hat for those who wonder)

LADITools is a set of tools aiming to achieve the goals of the LADI project
(http://nedko.arnaudov.name/wiki/moin.cgi/LADI) to improve desktop
integration and user work-flow of Linux audio system based on JACK and
LASH. Those tools take advantage of the DBus interfaces recently added to
JACK and LASH to ease the configuration and use of those two great
softwares.

Ok, sounds good... but what does it really do ?

LADITools is a software suite containing various utilities to make your
life a little easier when working with JACK and LASH clients.

You will find in this suite :

    * The laditools python module (no interest for the end users)
    * laditray : a system tray icon that allows you to start, stop and
monitor JACK, as well as start some JACK related apps (log viewer,
connections...)
    * wmladi : a controller as a Window Maker dockapp. Uses the same menu
as laditray
    * ladilog : a JACK, LASH and a2jmidid log viewer
    * ladiconf : a GUI to setup JACK's configuration
    * g15ladi : a JACK monitor for g15 keyboards

You can download it from the LADITools homepage here :
http://www.marcochapeau.org/software/laditools. Some updated screenshots
will be made available soon. As far as docs and bug reporting are
concerned, you'll have to come and ask on #LAD or #jack about it :)

My thanks go to Nedko Arnaudov who is the brain hidden behind this plan to
take over the world using DBus interfaces, Krzysztof Foltman who tests,
suggests and code a lot more than I do, a lot of people from IRC who also
made suggestions and contributions for the past year, and of course, the
whole set of JACK/LASH developers who accepted to have a DBus control
interface get into their repo :)

Cheers,
-- Marc-Olivier Barre --
 --- MarcO'Chapeau ----