Re: [LAD] Problems with compiling

From: Thomas Kuther <gimpel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 21:15:41 EET

On Sa, 13.12.08 04:25 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> At Linux-Club where I asked because I haven't that knowledge, they
> laughed about me and they say, that there's a patch needed:

Nobody laughed about you there. I didn't participate in that discussion,
I just read it afterwards. But honestly, it was almost impossible to
understand what exactly your problem was.

> I compiled it for 64 Studio x86_64 without a patch, I only used the
> "normal" source to compile it.

That's a gcc-4.3 issue. Maybe 64studio isn't using gcc-4.3 yet, which
would explain why it works without a patch there.
You can find out the version with "gcc -v". For 4.3 upwards, you will
need that patch.