Re: [LAD] [Jack-Devel] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 03:41:44 EET

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 06:26:49PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> oc2pus@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > you can't do it this way ...
> >
> > first note: rpm -i is totally wrong here., you don't want to install you want
> > to do a upgrade or downgrade.
> >
> > second note: you need a package-manager to resolve this problem :)
> >
> > explantation:
> > jack and jack2 are providing the same "functionality", so you have to make a
> > choice which package-family you want to use.
> > possibility a) install jack, libjack0 and libjackserver0 ==> 0.116.x
> > possibility b) install jack2, libjack2-0 and libjackserver2-0 ==> 1.9.x
> > Those two package-families are mutual exclusive.
> >
> > According the openSuSE shared library policy all shared libs are splitted out
> > in seperate packages with the so-name in the package name.
> >
> > if you pull in the mentioned package from http://www.sonarnerd.net/suse11/
> > you need additional steps, as these package doesn't follow the original SuSE
> > packages.
>
> I first had a 0.109 install from the repo-oss. I upgraded by YaST2 to
> 0.116 from the Packman Repo and got the same as a lot of people got, see
> http://ardour.org/node/2271.
>
> Some steps followed, see
>
> * [LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64
> <http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2008/12/0047.html> /Ralf
> Mardorf/ /(Sun Dec 14 2008 - 21:29:57 EET)/
> o Re: [LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64
> <http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2008/12/0048.html> /torbenh@email-addr-hidden-addr-hidden/ /(Sun
> Dec 14 2008 - 21:37:10 EET)/
> + Re: [LAD] [Jack-Devel] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64
> <http://lalists.stanford.edu/lad/2008/12/0049.html> /Ralf
> Mardorf/ /(Mon Dec 15 2008 - 02:23:07 EET)/

just install a self built source OVER the stuff from the package.
and then run ldconfig as root.

there is no "i dont know how to use ldconfig"
it just does its thing. you dont need to give it options,
or interact with it. you just need to start it.

after it ran you can use the installed jackd.

i am really sorry, but you are making it very hard to help you.

> Why, you always ignored what I was writing. You can read all messages
> here in the LAD mailing list archive.

random up and downgrading, and mixing several repos is very likely
to break your system.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language