Re: [LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

From: Jussi Laako <jussi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 21:54:13 EET

oc2pus@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Ok, I uploaded new packages for jack and jack2.
> They are now mutually exclusive and the user must change wich one to use.
> Formerly jack2 was handled as a update to jack.
>
> The "Requires" to the underlying library packages where already part of the
> packman packages.

Most common problem users encounter is multiple library versions
installed. It might be a good idea to make the jack library package to
conflict with any other version of the library package. But it's a bit
of a packaging problem if the name part contains a version number...

libjack*0 should never ever coexist with libjack*1, or libjack*2 etc.

        - Jussi