Re: [LAD] Just a suggestion about how to handle bug reports

From: Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 02:09:42 EET

Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I'm suggesting this because I misbehaved, when I asked because of a bug.
> Now I'm banned for a forum and a mailing list, but they grant me, that I
> have pointed out something that was unknown.
>
> But I wasn't the one who pointed out this bug, the web was full of posts
> from other people, before I even noticed this bug. When they try to
> report something and been laughed at etc., they don't go on like I did,
> they won't be idiots like I'm. They won't be banned.

That's because you made it clear you'd already pretty badly broken your
system, and wouldn't actually do any of the things other posters had
told you to do to fix it ;-)

Don't take it personally. A lot of people in here get annoyed at the
"Wah, it's broken, why is no-one helping me!" attitude that a lot of
people bring. It's worth acquainting yourself with ESR's "How To Ask
Questions The Smart Way".

> Things went terrible wrong in the community and it's not a borderline
> and dyslexic personality like me ... "normal" people have fear to use

Claiming to be dyslexic doesn't really help. I'm very severely
dyslexic. I just take the time to make sure what I've written makes
sense. People who bash out badly-written nonsense with terrible grammar
and worse spelling aren't doing it because they're dyslexic (although
they may be), they're doing it because they're lazy.

Gordon