Re: [LAD] [LAU] LAC2009 website update

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 23:33:09 EET

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 12:49:32PM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Wow, it's in Italia! I'd love to go. Alas, I can't;
> the airfare alone from SFO to Milano would be around
> US$1000... there's no way I can come up with that kind
> of money.

You're not the first US resident to deplore this...
What happened to all those cheap transatlantic
flights ? Petrol prices are down...

> Also I've never been to Italy myself (sono io
> cento-per-cento italiano, ma nato a New York),
> and I'm a bit afraid to go, since if I do,
> I might not ever want to come back. *sigh*

I'm not so sure of that... The US finally have a
respectable president, we still have Berlusconi.
Italy is in crisis - and not only the economy.
Last weekend some kids (youngest was 17, and all
from 'respectable' families) set fire to a homeless
Indian sleeping outdours, just 'per divertirsi'...

Ciao,

--
FA
Parma, Italia