Re: [LAD] Linux Audio Awards : postponed to 2010

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 04 2009 - 00:24:52 EET

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 04:21:48 am Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> In the spirit of organizing a well executed Awards ceremony  and due to
> lack of interest from the business community in sponsoring the inaugural
> Linux Audio Awards for 2009 I have decided to withdraw from organising
> the event and will postpone the inaugural event to the next Linux Audio
> Conference in 2010.

A little more lead time for this would indeed be a Good Thing. Many
commercial outfits plan their promotional spending on an annual basis, and if
you miss that planning window, you're mostly out of luck.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas" |
| until you are told that those rooms are "punched out". Once punched |
| out, we have a right to complain about atrocities, missing bazingas, |
| and such. |
| -- N. Meyrowitz |