Re: [LAD] New music keyboard - new music scales.

From: Dennis Schulmeister <linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 01:52:55 EET

Hi Carl,

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 12:43 +1100, Carl Adams wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am promoting the development and manufacture of a new music keyboard
> capable of playing all traditional and some new musical scales.

Are we talking electrical or acoustic keyboards here? Acoustic keyboards
(say a piano) can be tuned to any scale you like. And for electrical
keyboards nearly all of them (except for the very cheap ones) either
come with different scales to choose from (Tempered, Werkmeister, Equal
Majors and so on) or even allow to define your owns. Go figure.

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis@windows3.de