Re: [LAD] exciting news about the realtime kernel tree

From: Lars-Erik Helander <lehswe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 18:37:59 EET

To be more specific I know that you still have to compile these
modules, unless you decide to make them part of the kernel. If you
build an RT kernel to be used for audio there is really no reason (or
?) why you should make modules of things like snd-seq, snd-pcm, etc,
i.e. "modules" not depending on specific hardware, just make them part
of the kernel.

The tedious process is to find out what hardware dependent modules to
use, in order to make them part of the "solution". The non-hardware
dependent modules to include should be determined once, and when first
entered into the config you should be done :)

With a scheme like this the process to adapt to different target
hardwares would be smoother.

I have not tried this scheme. but think I might do that some time

/Lars