Re: [LAD] Speech noise removal

From: alex stone <compose59@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 12:35:29 EET

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for material, docs and/or software to remove speech noise, as
> caused
> by the movements of the mouth.
>
> Any pointer?
>
> --
> Olivier

Oliver,
In the commercial world this one of the strengths of protools, and i know 2
voice editors (full time) who use pt for precisely this task.
(Others include Sequoia, Nuendo, etc...)

There's a lot of work editing voice, so tools that make this type of
workflow easier are at a premium. (Ask any foley engineer as an example)

I respectfully suggest you take a look at Ardour, Audacity, and Rezound.

Ardour, with it's excellent user control over regions, gives the operator
good editing opportunities, and although there are a couple of
keystroke/editing tools missing when compared to pt, it is already solid and
capable for fine tune editing.
Audacity, with it's multi track recording, and excellent importing
framework, including many tools and effects to manipulate wavs, is a
contender too.

Rezound, although a bit older in the app stakes, is an excellent editor (in
my humble opinion), and has the capability to give the user virtually
complete control over recordings, to a degree of excellence that would fit
in any studio, full time. I have a colleague in britain who uses Rezound
full time for all his album work and voice over editing he does for others,
and he's constantly in admiration of what he achieves with this modest but
powerful app, particularly when it's put up against some high priced
commercial competitors.

3 contenders as initial suggestions. No doubt there will be other offerings
from those who do this more frequently than i do.

Alex

--
Parchment Studios (It started as a joke...)