[LAD] problem with alsa/portaudio

From: vincent meserette <meserette@email-addr-hidden-robotics.com>
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 18:25:35 EET

Hi all,

In one of my code, I use the snd_pcm_open() function of the ALSA lib to
access to my sound device, but when I run it I have the following message :

ALSA lib pcm.c:2106:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library
/usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

After having searching on the web, it seems it comes from a conflict
between alsa and pulse audio.
As indicated on some forums, I have reinstalled pulse audio and
libasound2-plugins but it doesn't work, even if the aplay function works
well on my system.
Does anybody know from where could come the problem ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Vincent

PS : my distribution of linux is ubuntu 8.10