Re: [LAD] LAC09: thanks

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 15:55:25 EEST

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 02:42:30PM -0700, Steven Yi wrote:

> I'd also like to join to the general chorus of thank you's my own
> thanks to Fons and everyone else involved. I was quite exhausted the
> entire conference but now that I've gotten some rest I can look back
> and say it was a very enjoyable conference.

Looking back and having recovered a bit of sleep
I'm very happy about how things turned out. Many
thanks to all who contributed to the success of
LAC2009 !!! This includes:

* The direction of La Casa della Musica, for
supporting this project which for them was a
real step into unknown territory.

* Francesca Montresor (CdM) who has taken a lot
of work out of my hands during the preparation,
and provided solutions where I got lost.

* The entire team at the CdM who provided us with
an excellent organisation and everything we needed,
and always with a big smile.

* Frank Neumann who organised the paper submission
and review, and acted as master of ceremonies during
the paper sessions.

* The paper review team who this year had an extra
heavy workload.

* Robin Gareus (webmaster) and Christoph Haag (design
and website).

* Joern Nettingsmeier who took care of the audio and
video streaming and performed technical miracles all
the time, more than once saving the show.

* Just-in-time hackers Pieter Palmers and Florian
Faber (we have 5 minutes ? OK, let's install a new
kernel, FFADO, new RME drivers and Ardour).

* Sound engineers Andrea Capra and Christian Paroni.

* Sergio Simonazzi who has taken care of the LSN.

* All paper authors and musicians, in partical live
performers Malte and Fernando.

* And finally all who attended, and all whom I
may have forgotten.

Sorry for the rain ! Today Parma is again sunny
and hot...

Next year's LAC *could* be in Utrecht, Holland,
to be confirmed.

Ciao,

--
FA
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.