Re: [LAD] Current state of lash

From: Christian <krampenschiesser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 14:57:35 EEST

My project heavily depends on osc communication.
There's a server which every app registers on.
So the main timer, the sequencer and eg. a lv2-synth and mixer are all
clients of this server.
The guis for these apps then query the server for the actual
app(sequencer/timer...) and connect to them.
As you can see there are many different applications running and some of
them have audio/midi connections.
If I know want to store this setup it comes to(what I read in the past
in the papers of it) lash.
As I think lash could handle the correct app-startup-order and
connections, therefore I can easily restore the whole project.
If it is not possible to use lash for this I have to possibilities.
1. Help you :) But I don't know if I've got the time for this and how
long it takes to get into the project.
2. As the server stores every app(except guis, which then need to be
stored, too), it can start these apps and tell them where to connect to.
Would be relatively easy to implement but is not compatible lash, which
I hope will become standard.
Before anyone asks, the main aim of the project is to create a
groovebox-pc, so non-linear step-sequencing, network distributed access
for multiple musicians and heavy lv2 usage are its main aims.