Re: [LAD] Can't load firmware on RME HammerFall DigiFace

From: Florian Faber <faber@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 08:04:24 EEST

Hi Natanael,

> I can't make it work, on a Dell notebook using UbuntuStudio Hardy
> (kernel 2.6.24-24-rt) x86_64...

Not related, but: Why are you using a two year old kernel?

> If I boot with the cardbus attached the machine see the card, but I
> can't load the firmware. I attach some related info (interruptions, pci
> slots, etc..).

Did the card work before or is this your first try?

I have never before seen this Cardbus chip, but if the card is
initialized properly, it shouldn't be a problem.

On the DigiFace, the red "Host" LED stays on all the time?

Just to make sure everything is ok with the interface, cabling and the
DigiFace, do you have another notebook to test with?

--
Flo