Re: [LAD] Location of header files...

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 23:57:37 EEST

Ulrich Lorenz Schlüter wrote:

> On my system the location of some headers changed. For example
> /usr/include/lash/lash.h changed to /usr/include/lash-1.0/lash/lash.h.
> Are the headers in the wrong place or is there a link missing or do I
> have to change my #includes?

Your includes should always be:

    #include <lash/lash.h>

Then use pkg-config to figure out what to add to CFLAGS using:

    pkg-config --cflags lash-1.0

and for the link stage, to find the libs to link use:

    pkg-config --libs lash-1.0

This may all seem a bit excessive at first, but it has the advantage
of allow you to have multiple versions of a library available so
that different programs can use different verions of the lib.

HTH,
Erik