Re: [LAD] [RFC] LADSPA 1.2

From: Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 02:44:24 EEST

2009/6/19 Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>

> > > You can. Fields are not referred to by name in compiled
> > > code. Host and plugins can use different names, except
> > > for symbols that are looked up by dlsym().
> >
> > As long as you don't try to recompile your 1.1 host against a 1.2
> > header, yes... but not all hosts come with a copy of ladspa.h in their
> > source tree (at least I don't in my project... maybe I should??). This
> > would break balls to gentoo/arch/etc. people (and I am an arch user)
> > :-)
>
> That's the classical problem when any dependency gets updated.
> When I wrote my very first plugin (something like 7 years ago
> IIRC) and it was reviewed by the LADSPA gods, they advised me
> (to my surprise - even today) to include a copy of ladspa.h
> with the sources.

Maybe it's time to add it for me, then;-)

> > Well, I am in Turin now, but I come from a little village in the South
> > which is way cooler and drier and A LOT less polluted than this city.
> > Anyway, I guess in Senegal it is always hot, while in Italy it is hot
> > in summer and relatively cold in winter,
>
> Yes, winters here in Parma are worse than in Belgium.
> Pollution here is probably less than in Turin. In fact
> since mid may the whole region, and even the center of
> Parma has this intense 'tiglio' perfume in the air.
> (don't remember the English word for this...)

You lucky... I know a guy who studies at the university there and he comes
from my hometown, but never talked to him about Parma. He studies
"Ingegneria Informatica" there IIRC.

> > this might explain why people complain maybe (and maybe,
> > Italian people just like to complain sometimes ;-)
>
> :-) If I were Italian I'd complain about Il Cavaliere :-)
> But this is driving us quite OT.

I don't want to spell out a single word on this ;-) However, yeah, it's
getting very OT.

Stefano