Re: [LAD] Autotools and missing headers.

From: David Aguilar <davvid@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 11:39:52 EEST

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 07:18:36AM +0200, Ulrich Lorenz Schlüter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to develop some Autotools scripts for my project and I'm getting
> following make/compile errors:
>
> In file included from and.cpp:1:
> /usr/include/lv2plugin.hpp:34:25: error: lv2_uri_map.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> [...]
>
> configure.ac:
> # -*- Autoconf -*-
> # Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
>
> [...]
>
> Please help my poor soul I'm already desperately crying. :'(

Sorry to answer your question with a question..

Have you tried waf? http://code.google.com/p/waf/

Their "projects using waf" page lists the JACK audio connection
kit as one of the projects, so perhaps there is some good
reasons as to why JACK went with waf instead of autotools.

I have used waf myself in the past and found it extremely
pleasant. Autotools is very powerful but it is a bit higher in
the arcane-wizard-knowledge category.

The waf project has a number of examples in their source tree
and on their webpage. You can also browse the jack source tree
to get a feel for it. Look for the waf 'wscript' files.
Their README describes how to build jack using waf.

http://trac.jackaudio.org/browser/jack2/trunk/jackmp

Have fun,

--
		David