Re: [LAD] [ANNOUNCE] Safe real-time on the desktop by default; Desktop/audio RT developers, read this!

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 12:20:09 EEST

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Paul Davis<paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Finally, as Chris said -
> many of us are writing apps that target multiple platforms

Well, my comment (from the point of view of applications rather than
library development) was not so much about portability as simple
convenience. Regardless of which method is ultimately used to
establish proper audio scheduling, it would be nice to be able to
handle it through the same audio API as I am already using. PortAudio
and JACK APIs both contain some support for this, PulseAudio is the
odd one out for me.

Chris