Re: [LAD] [ANNOUNCE] Safe real-time on the desktop by default; Desktop/audio RT developers, read this!

From: Lennart Poettering <mzynq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 01:49:40 EEST

On Tue, 23.06.09 00:36, Fons Adriaensen (fons@email-addr-hidden) wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:37:20PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
> > It was clearly a bad idea to post about rtkit on lad. It is a big
> > waste of time fighting this through against all those desktop-haters,
> > fdo-haters, dbus-haters, who apparently believe I am out to take away
> > their freedom to run their systems the way want. I really don't need
> > this shit. The amount of constructive criticism in this thread is next
> > to zero, nobody even bothers to read the README before just fudding
> > around.
>
> Reading it does not imply agreeing with everything
> said there. If it makes your life easier: I *did*
> read it.
>
> Since you claim that all the *Kit stuff is optional,

(as a side note, I didn't claim that)

> and you will still allow us to run our systems as we
> see fit, and since you wear a Red Hat, please tell
> me how to remove

Just downgrade to FC5 or so. Or pick a different distro that is
suited more to your needs.

Nobody forced you to use Fedora. If you are unhappy with the decisions
Fedora took, then you are welcome to change distros or take the code
you like and create your own distro.

You are a troll, and this is wildly off-topic, and I am not a support
guy, so please drop this nonsense.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net