Re: [LAD] [ANNOUNCE] Safe real-time on the desktop by default; Desktop/audio RT developers, read this!

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 15:47:17 EEST

Dennis Schulmeister <linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> If you do a "regular" phone call from one mobile phone to another you
> easily get 1 second latency. The point is you don't notice it unless
> you're standing next to the other person.

Well, 1 second is totally unacceptable on VoIP;). I don't use a headset
and neither does the persons I talk to.

The audio goes out my speakers and the remote persons speakers and if
there were a 1 second delay, that would be pretty annoying trying to
talk.

?

> I see the reasoning for games, though.

Right, and like gaming with VoIP, coordinating the first strike team.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m