Re: [LAD] RFC: Default discovery paths for LADSPA, LRDF, LV2 and DSSI (and more?)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 19:11:05 EEST

Chris Cannam wrote:
> Well, I suppose the user might want the older-installed version to
> take priority.

Sorry, if I should miss the thread, but I randomly read the latest mail.

I'm using Linux and Windows and I like the behaviour for VST versions
(on Windows). Even if an old and new version have the same name, I can
rename the .dll for an VST on Windows and I have an old version plus the
newer version with a new name.

For a user this is a good solution to use older versions for older
projects and the latest version for actual projects.

I would like to have this behaviour for Linux too, because I now changed
for my DAW to Linux.

The green user should be able to have the possibility by simply changing
the name of the file, to have as much versions of a plug in, as he needs
to have.

I might have miss the thread, but the latest mail of this thread seems
to be about this issue. Sorry if I wrote pure nonsense.