Re: [LAD] RFC: Default discovery paths for LADSPA, LRDF, LV2 and DSSI (and more?)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 23:37:53 EEST

Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Jeff McClintock<jef@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Windows has official rules for this. Users are no longer allowed to add
>> random files to an application's directory in "/Program Files/Appname".
>>

> Oh! This is news to me -- interesting news too, given that I
> distribute Windows versions of SV without an installer and just expect
> the user to copy it to %ProgramFiles% if they want it to go there, and
> that it only looks in immediate subdirectories of %ProgramFiles% for
> plugins of any sort.
>
> I don't recall anyone complaining to me that they couldn't install
> plugins for it -- maybe this just means nobody is using it?!
>
> Can you point to any documentation for this? I'd like to know what
> other rules I might be falling afoul of.
>

>> User installed plugins go in CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON , e.g. typically
>> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\LADSPA Plugins..."
>>

> I don't suppose you happen to know whether any Windows-based LADSPA
> hosts are actually using this path?
>

> Chris
 I'm going to delete my Windows installation, but if I can help by
keeping it and you ask me explicit to test some behaviour I will do it.

--
Secret of Tux: http://images.wallaceandgromit.com/user_uploads/forum_thumbnails/5/75/355.jpg
"Gromit bit me" says HMV dog: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_03/GomitHMVPA_468x319.jpg