Re: [LAD] help on creating MIDI from linux input events

From: Miguel Morales <therevoltingx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 05 2009 - 23:07:30 EEST

Hmm, so you're saying that the device sends keyboard events. How did you
find out which kind of data it sends out?
Sending out midi note events is easy with RTMidi, check out the section on
midi out section. It contains a section on MIDI note output.

I don't have much experience on grabbing keyboard type events using a
daemon. I would recommend finding a cross platform solution. If not try
finding out how to read keyboard events while being a daemon. Like a
keylogger I guess.

C++ isn't much of a jump from C so it should be easy to pick up and go.

On Jul 5, 2009 3:53 AM, "Renato Budinich" <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

Thank you very much, this is interesting, I'll have a look into RtMidi
and your program. Being that the little I know is C, is it much more
difficult outputting notes using the alsa api?

> > Since there is a driver for it, you should be able to use it as an >
alsa midi device.
uhm, i'm not sure... the driver (snd_usb_caiaq) actually takes care of
the soundcard built in the pedal, and on the way also makes the buttons
create keyboard events, and the pedal EV_ABS