[LAD] implementing audio device driver on embedded platforms

From: Jugalkishore Darak, Pankaj <Pankaj.JugalkishoreDarak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 07 2009 - 09:38:26 EEST

Hello Developers,

I am a newbie to the Linux development environment.

We are porting Linux 2.6.25.4 to a platform which has ARM11 as its core
processor. My job is to implement audio device driver.

Most of the docs are meant for PC audio which has sound cards on PCI.
And the source code resides in sound folder under the kernel root.

Since mine is an embedded platform, where will my architecture specific
code resides?

Which all folders under sound folder will be used for embedded devices
and which APIs to look into?

Which APIs will be called for system sounds ?

Can anybody share their experience in implementing audio device driver
on embedded platforms?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Pankaj