Re: [LAD] RFC: Default discovery paths for LADSPA, LRDF, LV2 and DSSI (and more?)

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Tue Jul 07 2009 - 22:54:59 EEST

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Jeff McClintock<jef@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> From: Chris Cannam
>> Can you point to any documentation for this?  I'd like to know what
>> other rules I might be falling afoul of.

> (most of that is about system dlls and versioning). The relevant part for
> plugins is...
>
> " 3.4  Install any non side-by-side shared files to the correct locations
> The proper location for shared components depends on whether these
> components are shared across companies or by a single company.
> [...]

I've only just got around to reading this properly, but it seems to be
saying the opposite of what you said -- it seems to be saying that
components that are shared across multiple vendors (such as audio
plugins of this type, presumably) may indeed be placed in the system
directory. Am I reading it wrong?

Chris