Re: [LAD] wiki.linuxaudio.org

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 19 2009 - 15:52:40 EEST

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:29:18 +0200
Arnout Engelen <lad@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looking for a distribution-agnostic, community-maintained place for
> gathering linuxaudio-related documentation, wiki.linuxaudio.org seems
> to be one of the main resources.
>
> The visual style seemed a bit old-fashioned and cluttered. I took a
> stab at cleaning it up a bit:
>
> http://arnout.engelen.eu/files/dev/linuxmusicians/linuxaudiostyle/
>
> How do you like it?

Better than the old one :)

> 'wiki.linuxaudio.org' and 'apps.linuxaudio.org' have a different logo
> and a different start page, but apart from that share the exact same
> content. This is pretty confusing. Wouldn't it be more elegant to
> make 'apps.linuxaudio.org' redirect to something like
> 'wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps' ?
>

> Regards,
>
> Arnout Engelen

I was never quite aware that the apps. is just a wiki as well. Not sure
about the address but I think the templates for the apps pages could be
a lot better as well. Right now it's simply not inviting imho.

And we should tackle the linuxaudio.org mainpage, which is quite bad at
the moment.