Re: [LAD] Connecting to Ekiga from the rest of the World

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 02:48:00 EEST

Jens!
   You're not completely mistaken about asterisk. It's possible to set up your
own service, but you can also use it for your own purpose only. I've heard of
people using it on a kind of router/home telephone organisation box for
answeringservice, intelligent this and that. :-)
   But I think the best besides Jabber/Jingle/Gtalk you've heard here is indeed
skype. I'm surer of that than of gtalk with their online applet. Because I've
never heard of it in use under Linux/Mac. :-)
   Friendly regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net