Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor packages now on SF

From: <laseray@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 26 2009 - 01:37:51 EEST

On Saturday 25 July 2009 18:14:45 you wrote:

> > > I asked this on #gnu , they told me, it is not necessary
> >
> > I do not know where these people get there info but it cannot be
> > the GPL. Thus you have more people that cannot read the GPL properly.
> > Go to the FSF and read the FAQ, not #gnu. Read the GPL.
>
> GPL is a license the copyright holder may or may not use to distribute
> his work. Having done a release under GPL, however, does not further
> encumber the copyright holder: he may decide to never release any new
> development under GPL or choose, as many people choose, to release only
> stable releases.

This is all very moot. This is a very specific case. Just trying to deal with
the practical considerations of this situation right now, not other variations
on how things might unfold. If something changes in the future with
distribution or the license it will get dealt with and reassessed then.

Raymond