Re: [LAD] Background on the Impro-Visor project

From: <laseray@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 21:36:04 EEST

On Monday 27 July 2009 14:19:30 Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 13:34 -0400, laseray@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > Size of GPL code included is irrelevant.
>
> True.
>
> > Inappropriate expectations. No license file was included in distribution,
> > no text to indicate GPL. GPL violation #1.
>
> Yes, but I'm willing to believe it was negligence.

No, It is deliberate AFAIK.

> > These are excuses. Not buying it. A bunch of rubbish. Assuming
> > your users are dumb is very impolite.
>
> Assuming that your users would have trouble dealing with source code is
> very different from assuming they are dumb.

No, it is always condescending. Anybody can go to SF and download. It
is not brain surgery.

> > You don't have to accept every suggestion. That is fine. But my
> > suggestions which were actually real code were better than what you were
> > doing. So the refusal was quite illogical. My code was GPL, so no problem
> > there. The suggestions I made will make there way into the fork, then
> > others will wonder what the heck was Bob thinking to refuse these
> > practical bug fixes.
>
> Maybe it's true, but you do sound very arrogant and pushy to me ;)

Too bad. I have an attitude because I am not going to let people push
me around and insult me for being right. If you cannot comprehend
that from all the posts then perhaps you should keep your ideas to
yourself. You haven't had to deal with this person.

> > Again, irrelevant. Excuses, excuses. All over the place. Stick to
> > the license, then there is no problem.
>
> Sure. But it sounds like it was an honest mistake. Even if it wasn't
> your aggressive tone doesn't help at all.

Again, too bad. Get over it. There is a time for nice and that past a while
back. I tried nice and I also explained this previously. Clue in to the
situation please.

Where do all these people come from that assume style equals substance?
What you are really perceiving is backbone. Maybe you are not familiar
with that.

> > This contains some lies. The first message I received from Bob had
> > an insulting tone to it, as if I was doing something wrong by asking for
> > the source. Nice attempt at back-paddling. Rubbish, throughout.
>
> We all know how clear-cut tone in emails is ;p
> What is anyone supposed to do with lots of hearsay, anyway?

You, nothing. But then again you are not really involved. So...

> > If you want respect, give respect. Stop assuming you are somehow in a
> > better position. It is very condescending.
>
> I see a 50% chance you should apply those lines to yourself.

I see 100% chance that you do not know what you are talking about because
you are not closely involved. You should check all the posts more carefully.
Don't worry you will not be the first person who does not see this clearly.

Raymond