Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Robert Keller <keller@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 12:28:39 EEST

On Jul 28, 2009, at 2:08 AM, Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> Ok, I see there is a svn version:
> |svn co https://impro-visor.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/impro-visor
> impro-visor |
>
> I don't see copyright and license files yet though. I think it's
> wise to
> add them.

There are copyright and GPL notices in every non-trivial source file.
Do I have to add another separate file as well?

> Is there already a binary, because I can't find build/install options.
> Would be nice if we could also download the binary from sourceforge,
> without having to subscribe to the yahoo group.

There is no binary right now. I'll think about such options.

You build it by downloading from the root, then use ant, which reads
the build.xml file.

ant improvisor

builds and runs the executable.

> I think it will be good for the project if you start a mailing list
> for
> your application. That can be a user mailing list and a development
> mailing list, but I think especially the latter will be very useful
> for
> discussing development topics.
>
> Thanks so far. Take it easy.

I'll get to it. It's been a pretty long day.

Thanks.

Bob

p.s. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good, preferably free,
installer/launcher generator. I'm using the trial version of install4j
for my user group, but it's pretty expensive to buy.

Thanks.

Robert Keller
Csilla & Walt Foley Professor
Computer Science